Go Further with the 2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage
In a time when fuel efficiency is a top concern for SUV shoppers in Matthews, the 2022 Chevy Equinox stands out as a top choice! The 2022 Chevy Equinox gas mileage with front-wheel drive is 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway, giving it a competitive edge in a crowded market. Want to learn more about the Chevy Equinox fuel economy with FWD vs. AWD and get a closer look at how its turbo engine performs on the roads of Waxhaw? Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe provides these details and more, below!
2022 Chevy Equinox Fuel Economy: FWD vs. AWD
No matter which 2022 Equinox trim level you bring home to Weddington, you will find an efficient 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine under the hood. However, you do have your choice of FWD or AWD. There is a very modest difference in the Chevy Equinox fuel economy depending on the drivetrain you select:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
A Closer Look at Turbo Performance in the Equinox
The Turbo-powered engine in the 2022 Equinox makes it endlessly fun and exciting to pilot on our Monroe roads! What’s more, the small footprint of the Equinox SUV ensures nimble handling.
1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder Performance Specs
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- Max. Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
Curious how much you can tow with the 1,500-pound limit? This is enough strength to hook up a compact teardrop camper or an ATV when adventure is calling.
Explore the Fuel-Sipping Equinox Performance Features
In addition to an economic engine, the Equinox has some other performance-oriented features that help it conserve fuel:
- Automatic Stop/Start: Under certain conditions, the engine will shut off automatically when your foot is on the brake and you’re at a complete stop. Release your foot from the brake pedal, and the engine will start right back up. This feature is standard in the 2022 Equinox and it’s great to have when you’re stuck at a long traffic light!
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): You might not think of the TPMS as a fuel-saving feature, but when your tire pressure is off it can have a serious impact on fuel economy as your engine works harder to compensate. With the TPMS, you can rest assured your tire pressure is always maintained and you’re traveling as efficiently as possible.
Find Your New Equinox at Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe!
The 2022 Chevy Equinox makes a great addition to any driveway in Monroe. Contact Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe to start planning your visit to our showroom, where you can test drive an Equinox and explore our latest specials! Want to explore other Chevy SUV fuel economies? Check out our Chevy research center to make some comparisons.
More from Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe
The iconic Chevy Silverado returns for 2024, offering a compelling blend of bold design, impressive power, and advanced technology features. Whether you’re a seasoned workaholic or a weekend warrior, the new Silverado boasts a combination of muscle and finesse that’s ready to tackle any challenge. Buckle up and let’s explore the features that elevate the…
The Chevy Equinox, a popular choice for families and adventurers alike, has received a refresh for the 2024 model year. This compact SUV boasts more than just a few tweaks; it’s a complete package of refined design, enhanced performance, and new features that aim to solidify its position as a leader in the segment. Buckle…
Full-size SUVs like the Chevy Suburban and the Ford Expedition stand as the ultimate solution for families, adventurers, and professionals alike. These two stately vehicles, with their majestic presence and state-of-the-art features, are symbols of achievement and versatility. And so, as we dive into a detailed comparison, we invite drivers from Charlotte, Concord, Indian Trail,…