2022 Chevy Tahoe Towing Capacity
Year after year, the Chevrolet Tahoe returns to the Matthews streets delivering blistering performance, innovative amenities, and plenty of space for you and your passengers. While this model serves up plenty of room for your gear, there are times when you’ll need to attach the trailer to the Chevy Tahoe tow hitch to get your cargo to its destination. So, how many pounds can the Chevy Tahoe tow? For 2022, the Chevy Tahoe towing capacity reaches 8,400 pounds. Read on below with Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe to discover the Chevy Tahoe maximum payload and other specs that support your towing needs.
How Many Pounds Can The 2022 Chevy Tahoe Tow?
Whether you need to move heavy-duty work equipment across Waxhaw or you dream of a vehicle that can haul the toys out to the lake, the Chevy Tahoe towing capacity is up to the challenge. When you hook up your trailer to the Chevy Tahoe tow hitch, you’ll have plenty of confidence that your vehicle will keep pace. You might ask, “How many pounds can the Chevy Tahoe tow at each configuration?” Find the various Chevrolet Tahoe towing figures here:
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe Max Towing Capacity by Engine and Drive Type
- 8,400 pounds – 5.3L 2WD
- 8,200 pounds – 5.3L 4WD
- 8,300 pounds – 6.2L 2WD
- 8,100 pounds – 6.2L 4WD
- 8,200 pounds – 3.0L 2WD
- 8,000 pounds – 3.0L 4WD
Chevy Power: 2022 Chevy Tahoe Maximum Payload
Over the last century, Chevy engines have proven themselves to be among the best in the automotive industry. This remains true, as seen by the 2022 Chevy Tahoe maximum payload, horsepower, and towing performance. In 2022, the Chevy Tahoe can be had with three different engines, allowing you to tailor your output to your Weddington lifestyle. 2022 Chevy Tahoe engine specs are as follows:
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,834 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,746 pounds
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,671 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,616 pounds
3.0L Turbo Diesel
- 277 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,717 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,625 pounds
Towing Features: Beyond the 2022 Chevy Tahoe Tow Hitch
The 2022 Chevy Tahoe tow kit includes a variety of standard and available features to match the level of performance you desire. With the Max Trailering Package, no towing task will be beyond your capabilities. Towing features for the Chevy Tahoe include:
- Active Fuel Management: Engine optimization is guaranteed while hauling, thanks to the 12 modes of cylinder deactivation. This ensures your gas mileage is at its peak, no matter what size load you have in tow.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This semi-autonomous tech package makes highway cruising relaxing, with or without cargo.
- 13 Camera Views: Enjoy supreme situational awareness with views that include “transparent trailer” and “rear trailer” modes.
- Max Trailering Package: This high-performance package delivers a high-capacity radiator and cooling fan, a Hitch Guidance system with Hitch View, an integrated trailer brake controller, and the Chevrolet trailering app.
- Trailering App: The handy trailering app includes trailer profiles, trailer tire temperature monitoring, trailer tire pressure, and Side Blind Zone Alert for trailering.
Test Drive the 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe at Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe
While getting to know the 2022 Chevy Tahoe specs online is a great start, nothing compares to hitting the Monroe streets in this domineering SUV. Contact us today to schedule your test drive. If you prefer, you can get ahead of the game and apply for financing from the comfort of your own home!
More from Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe
In a time when fuel efficiency is a top concern for SUV shoppers in Matthews, the 2022 Chevy Equinox stands out as a top choice! The 2022 Chevy Equinox gas mileage with front-wheel drive is 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway, giving it a competitive edge in a crowded market. Want to learn more about the…
Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe is home to a dynamic inventory of new Chevy Colorado mid-size trucks! The latest lineup of Chevy Colorado trim levels promises a great match for every lifestyle and every budget in Matthews. Whether your primary concern is fuel efficiency or trail readiness, you’re bound to find something that appeals to you. Our team is…
How much can a Chevy Colorado tow? Depending on the configuration you bring home to Matthews, the Chevy Colorado towing capacity will range from 3,500 pounds minimum to 7,700 pounds maximum. Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe is home to a large new Colorado inventory, and we make it easy to select the configuration that supports your towing needs…