10 Maintenance Tips For Chevy Drivers
If you drive a new Chevy in the Waxhaw area, the best way to keep it running in top condition is to stick to your Chevrolet maintenance schedule. The Chevrolet maintenance schedule runs on intervals of 7,500 miles, at which you bring your vehicle in for routine services like oil changes, tire rotations, and brake inspections. However, there are some key things you can do at home to properly maintain your vehicle in addition to bringing it in for regular service. They’re all relatively simple and can be done as often as you want–we generally recommend taking half an hour or so every month to inspect your Chevy and make sure everything is running properly. The service team at Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe has more information on the top Chevy maintenance tips for drivers in the guide below – check it out!
10 Chevy Maintenance Tips: What You Need To Know
- Know the manual: While we can give you generalized service tips, your Chevy owner’s manual will tell you all the specifics about your vehicle’s specs and needs.
- Inspect the vehicle: Your owner’s manual will tell you how to identify leaks, flat tires, and other issues that you can have fixed before they become serious.
- Check your tires: It’s a good idea to check your tire pressure frequently to make sure they’re filled to the recommended level. Use a tire pressure gauge for a precise reading, and use an everyday penny to check your tire tread–just insert the penny into the groove with the head facing down. If you can see all of the head, your tire treads are too worn down and need to be replaced.
- Check the engine oil level: Motor oil is one of the most essential fluids in your Chevy, since it reduces friction and dangerous overheating in your engine. Use your owner’s manual to locate the dipstick and check the level and color of the oil. If the oil is a dark color or isn’t filled up enough, it needs to be replaced.
- Check the engine coolant: Locate the coolant reservoir using the owner’s manual and make sure it’s at the proper level.
- Inspect the engine air filter: You want to make sure that there isn’t unnecessary debris clogging up your engine air filter, or it won’t run as effectively.
- Use the right fuel: Every vehicle has a specific octane rating, which can lead to a “knocking” sound when you drive if you use the wrong type.
- Inspect light bulbs: You should routinely check all the lights inside and outside your car so you can drive safely at night and in inclement weather conditions around Waxhaw.
- Inspect the windshield wipers: Speaking of bad weather, you should frequently check up on your windshield wipers to make sure they’re working properly. You can also learn how to replace them if you want to DIY a replacement instead of going to a service center.
- Keep track of maintenance: Finally, come up with a way to note down your car’s DIY maintenance history. We keep service records of when you bring your vehicle in for routine maintenance, but you should keep track of at-home inspections and replacements as well.
Keep Your Chevy In Top Condition at Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe
If you’ve reached one of your Chevy’s maintenance milestones and it’s time to bring it in for service, go ahead and schedule a service appointment on our website! We’ll take care of everything and get you back on the Weddington roads in no time. You can also take advantage of our service specials if you’re interested in saving on your next appointment.
More from Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe
View Colorado Inventory Exploring the Diverse Range of Chevy Colorado Trim Levels: Which One is Right For You? The Chevrolet Colorado, a symbol of versatility and capability, offers a diverse range of trim levels, each designed to cater to specific driving styles and preferences. Whether you seek a practical workhorse, a comfortable daily commuter, or…
In a time when fuel efficiency is a top concern for SUV shoppers in Matthews, the 2022 Chevy Equinox stands out as a top choice! The 2022 Chevy Equinox gas mileage with front-wheel drive is 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway, giving it a competitive edge in a crowded market. Want to learn more about the…
Hendrick Chevrolet Monroe is home to a dynamic inventory of new Chevy Colorado mid-size trucks! The latest lineup of Chevy Colorado trim levels promises a great match for every lifestyle and every budget in Matthews. Whether your primary concern is fuel efficiency or trail readiness, you’re bound to find something that appeals to you. Our team is…